Know your role
A responsible person must be appointed for cosmetic products placed on the Finnish market.
A responsible person is a person or company located within the EU/EEA area and may be
- the manufacturer;
- the importer who imports the cosmetic product into the EU/EEA;
- a company/person located in the EU/EEA and appointed by the manufacturer or importer, with whom a written agreement on the role of the responsible person has been concluded;
- the distributor is the responsible person if it
- places a cosmetic product on the EU/EEA market under its name or trademark; or
- modifies a product already placed on the market.
The translation of information relating to a cosmetic product already placed on the market is not considered as a modification of that product and does not make the distributor the responsible person.
A distributor is a company that sells or otherwise distributed cosmetic products to consumers, professionals or retailers within the EU/EEA.