Manufacturer's authorised representative
The manufacturer may, if it sees fit, authorise a party established in the EU to carry all or part of the obligations that fall on the manufacturer. The authorisation must be granted in writing and it must specify the obligations the manufacturer mandates the representative to carry.
The manufacturer of the machinery can give all or part of the following tasks to the authorised representative:
- ensure that the machinery complies with the relevant essential health and safety requirements
- ensure that the technical file for the machinery is available
- ensure that the machine is accompanied by appropriate instructions
- carry out the appropriate conformity assessment procedure
- draw up and sign the EC Declaration of Conformity
- affix the CE marking to the machinery.