We aim to ensure that the Tukes.fi service meets the requirements for accessibility laid down in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019, Finlex, in Finnish).
This accessibility statement applies to the Tukes.fi website.
Tukes.fi is partially compliant with the accessibility requirements
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliance listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is not in compliance with the requirements for accessibility laid down in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
The following parts of this website are not fully accessible (the WGAG guideline not complied with is specified in brackets):
- The sub-levels of the header categories cannot be navigated to with a keyboard, and screen readers cannot access information on possible further sub-levels (2.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.3).
- The selected page is not programmatically determined in site navigation (1.3.1, 4.1.2).
- The links in the service have several defects (1.4.1, 2.4.4), for example, links in the main content are not easily discernible from the surrounding text, the purpose of several links is unclear, links that open files are not clearly marked.
- Many pages include too many landmarks for main content (1.3.1).
- The error messages of forms are not specific enough (3.3.1, 4.1.3).
- The tables in the service contain various defects (1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.11), such as defects in the contrast of table links and buttons, not all tables are accessible to a screen reader, the content of some of the tables is difficult to understand without separate descriptions.
- Files available on the site (PDF, docx, xls) have accessibility defects (1.3.1, 1.4.3), such as headings are not marked as headers, the texts do not meet the requirements for contrast.
- The content of some accordions is not accessible with a screen reader (1.3.1).
- Defects related to searching for decisions (1.1.1, 1.3.1, 4.1.3) include: insufficient markings for links, some appendices are missing text alternatives.
The service includes files published before 23 September 2018 that are not fully accessible. Legislation on accessibility does not require files published before this date to be made accessible retroactively.
The service includes videos published before 23 September 2020 that are not fully accessible. Legislation on accessibility does not require videos published before this date to be made accessible retroactively.
The following non-compliance with the accessibility requirements is based on disproportionate burden:
- The online material for the plant protection training does not meet the accessibility requirements in all respects. The information contained in the material is also available on the website by other means.
- Example image of an inspection record for a commissioning stage inspection of an electrical installation. The key information of the image is included in the text on the page.
- Non-ordered material produced by third party in the notices of applications and in decisions.
- Forms that will be transferred to various electronic services in 2022-2023. The forms are made accessible in connection with the transfer to the electronic service.
- PDF manuals with DTP and/or that are printed. In the future, the content of these will be made available on the website and the downloadable manuals are removed.
You can request content in an accessible format by email from kirjaamo (at) tukes.fi.
Social media channels
We also aim to take into account the accessibility requirements in Tukes's social media posts. Some of the content of the posts is embedded on our website.
We are aware of the following non-compliance:
- Not all videos published before 23 September 2020 on our YouTube channel have subtitles, as the accessibility requirements do not apply to these videos.
- Older posts published on Facebook do not necessarily include alternative texts or video subtitles. There are also some videos with text but no audio.
- Alternative texts or video subtitles are also missing from our older Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn posts. The essential information of the posts is usually inlcluded in the descriptions of the posts.
Development is on-going
We aim to remedy the described non-compliance in 2022-2023. We will update this accessibility statement as we fix the detected defects.
This accessibility statement is based on an assessment made by a third party. We have supplemented the statement with our own assessment.
This statement was last reviewed on 1 April 2022.
The Tukes.fi website was published on 28 May 2018.
Feedback and contact
Did you notice a defect in accessibility? You can notify us and provide us with feedback on accessibility using this feedback form or via email at kirjaamo (at) tukes.fi.
Tukes is responsible for the accessibility of the Tukes.fi service and processing the feedback.
If you notice accessibility defects on the website, first send us, the administrator of the website, feedback. The response may take 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive or you do not receive any response within two weeks, you can refer the feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland provides information on how to file a complaint and how the matter is handled (only in Finnish).
Contact details of the supervisory authority.
Southern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency
Accessibility supervision unit
Report an accessibility defect by using the online form (only in Finnish)
phone +358 (0)295 016 000 (switchboard)