Parallel trade permit
You may be granted a parallel trade permit if you want to import a plant protection product from another EU Member State to place it on the market or for your personal use. Tukes may approve a product as a parallel product if it is identical in composition to a plant protection product already authorised in Finland.
You may apply for a parallel trade permit if:
- the product has been authorised in another EU Member State
- the product is identical in composition to a plant protection product already authorised in Finland, or the reference product
- the products are identical in specification and content to the active substances, safeners and synergists, and in the type of formulation
- the products are either the same or equivalent in the co-formulants present and the packaging size, material or form
- the parallel product and the reference product are of the same origin
- the product has been manufactured by the same company or by an associated undertaking.
A product that has been granted a parallel trade permit in the Member State of origin cannot be regarded subject to granting a parallel trade permit in Finland.
Tukes checks from the competent authority of the Member State of origin whether the products authorised in Finland and in the Member State of origin are identical in composition.
The parallel trade permit remains valid for the duration of authorisation of the reference product. The uses and application doses approved for the product placed on the market under a parallel trade permit are the same as those of the reference product.
Applying for a parallel trade permit
- Fill in the application form
- Include the following information in the application:
- the name and registration number of the plant protection product in the Member State of origin
- the original label text of the product authorised in the Member State of origin
- the name and address of the applicant
- the name to be given to the parallel product
- draft label for the parallel product
- the name and registration number of the reference product
- a sample of the parallel product if requested by the competent authority.
- Submit the application with relevant documentation to the address ppp (at) tukes.fi.
Processing time: 45 days + 10 days, during which the competent authority of the Member State of origin must deliver information confirming the composition of the product.
|Parallel trade permit, Art. 52||1,700 euros|