Approved companies: Gas and oil heating equipment installation companies, oil tank inspection companies and installation companies of plastic natural gas pipelines
Installation and maintenance of natural gas, LPG and oil heating equipment as well as inspection of underground oil tanks can only be carried out by approved companies. Tukes supervises the operations of these approved companies.
If your company is going to carry out any of the following, you must apply to Tukes for authorisation before you start the operations:
- inspection of oil tanks
- Installation and maintenance of natural gas, LPG and oil heating equipment
- installation of natural gas pipelines
To check the appropriate qualification class for your company, refer to the qualification class table.
Fill in the application and submit it to Tukes.
An approved company must have a responsible person
The company must have a responsible person who has appropriate qualifications and the required tools.
Responsible person's qualification tests and certificates of qualification:
- Gas and oil heating equipment and inspection of oil tanks: Lämmitysenergia Yhdistys ry organises the qualification tests required from the responsible persons and grants the appropriate certificate of qualification on the basis of the qualification test, required education/training and work experience.
- Plastic natural gas pipelines: installation training on plastic natural gas pipelines, including a sample work. This training is organised by Hyria.
The approved company must provide a certificate signed by the responsible person regarding the maintenance and inspection tasks it has carried out. The certificate must indicate
- that the work has been carried out in accordance with the relevant requirements and
- what operation the certificate concerns.
Search for an approved company from the Tukes register
You can check the Tukes register for the companies authorised to install and maintain gas and oil heating equipment or inspect oil tanks.
An approved company is not required for the following work
- gas and oil heating equipment maintenance work that, according to the operating and maintenance instructions, is the responsibility of the user
- minor LPG installations where LPG is fed to the appliance with a hose, the maximum length of the hose being 120 cm
- minor natural gas installations where the appliance is connected to a fixed pipework with a hose.