Products for professional and consumer use
The most hazardous plant protection products are restricted
- for professional use only and
- for users with plant protection certification.
For household use, Tukes has approved products the use of which does not require special protective equipment.
The labels of plant protection products approved for professional use bear a special marking
The labels of plant protection products approved for professional use bear the following marking: “User group: Professional users”. Products approved for professional use can be found in the Tukes Plant Protection Product Register (link https://kasvinsuojeluaineet.tukes.fi/) under the search term ‘ammattikäyttö’ (professional use).
You need plant protection certification to buy or use substances approved for professional use.
How to buy products approved for professional use?
When you are buying plant protection products approved for professional use, you must present your plant protection certification to the salesperson. If you are not the user of the product, you must present the user's certificate. In the purchase situation, it suffices that you show, for example, a picture of the certificate taken with your mobile phone camera.
If your plant protection certification gets lost, ask for a new certificate from the certification provider.
Products approved for consumer use do not bear a special marking
Some of the plant protection products are approved for consumer use, for example, in household gardens and for house plants.
You can find the plant protection products approved for consumer use
- on Tukes Plant Protection Product Register (link https://kasvinsuojeluaineet.tukes.fi/) under the search term ‘kuluttajakäyttö’ (consumer use).
- do not identify a specific user group on the label.
- can be freely purchased and sold without certification. However, if you are using plant protection products approved for consumer use in your professional activities, you will need certification.